News from Aon Canada
Aon partners with major insurers to expand the innovative Aon Choice platform offering
Partner insurers represent more than 80% of the Canadian group benefits market
TORONTO (November 28, 2018) – Aon Choice is a best-in-market platform that helps benefit plan sponsors deliver a better employee experience, simplify administration and manage costs in a single turnkey benefits solution. Aon is pleased to announce that partnerships are now in place with a total of six of Canada’s largest national insurance providers, comprising more than 80% of the group benefits market. That distribution power enables more companies to secure the advantages of the Aon Choice platform without having to switch insurance providers – and to start improving employee engagement now by providing more choice and flexibility in their benefits offerings.
“We’ve seen incredible changes in the workplace over the past few years, and one of the biggest is that workplaces today are more diverse than ever,” said Greg Durant, Health and Benefits Leader in Canada for Aon. “From a benefits perspective, that has made it difficult for plan sponsors to meet each of their employee’s unique healthcare and financial needs. Aon Choice was specifically developed to address that challenge, creating a single, easy to use benefits solution that maximizes choice and flexibility for employees while helping to manage costs and reduce administrative burden for employers. The fact that we are now working in partnership with so many leading Canadian insurers is a testament to the need for a better approach – and to the advantages that Aon Choice is delivering.”
- Aon partners with six major national insurance providers – Sun Life, Manulife, Great-West Life, Desjardins Insurance, SSQ and Green Shield – to offer traditional and flexible benefits through the Aon Choice platform.
- Together, the six insurers represent 82% of the total group benefits market in Canada.
- Aon Choice is a total rewards delivery system that allows businesses to offer benefit programs that traditionally have been available only to largest companies.
- The program simplifies benefits selection and administration through technology, offering greater choice for employees
- With the integrated Aon Choice platform, employees can access all their plan information through an easy-to-use, customizable benefits portal and anytime, anywhere access with mobile responsive technology.
- Aon Choice allows employees to enroll, see coverage and plan details, view total rewards statements, add dependants and make changes, submit claims and view claims history, view their retirement savings plan balances and perform other retirement-savings-related functions, and access voluntary benefits coverage.
For further information please contact the Aon media team: Alexandre Daudelin, +1.514.982.4910.