Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, Farnborough, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester and St Albans
When you stop working how will you pay your outgoings? Having a pension, effectively an income, once you stop working is crucial in order to retire in the way you want, when you want.
Did you know that UK companies have over £2 Trillion invested in pension schemes to help fund employees income when they stop working? It's a huge sum but is it enough for them to meet the pension they have promised their employees in the future? The amount that is actually paid depending on a number of factors such as interest rates, inflation as well as how long people are going to live! Having provided expert pensions advice for over 60 years, our Actuarial Teams know exactly how to help companies and trustees answer that question.
Our teams are uniquely equipped to help clients manage the immediate and long-term risks involved in running a pension scheme. Join us as an Actuarial Apprentice to play an increasingly influential role.
Delivering client value drives everything we do at Aon. Likewise, it will drive everything you do as an Apprentice here. Your role will focus on client service administration, supporting the client management activities of more senior team members.
Get ready to make an instant impact as you demonstrate your passion for customer service. You'll quickly learn what we do as you build strong working relationships and develop valuable skills from day one. In return, you'll be fully supported to study towards the Certified Actuarial Analyst Qualification to go with your salary and benefits package. Those who perform strongly in their first few years, may also be given the option to study towards the FIA (Fellowship and Institute of Actuaries) qualifications.
- 104 UCAS points from your top 3 A Levels (or equivalent) or 260 UCAS points for exams sat prior to 2017 (excluding General Studies) i.e. ABC, including grade A or above in Maths or equivalent
- Five grade A*- C GCSEs including Maths and English
- A keen eye for detail
- Wanting to work with numbers and perform calculations
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Understanding the value of customer service
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Ability to manage working whilst also studying for qualifications
- Positive attitude
- Team Player
Our two-year Level 4 Actuarial Apprentice Programme will provide you with the analytical and client facing skills to start your career as an Actuarial Analyst, as well as supporting you through the first stages of the CAA (Certified Actuarial Analyst) qualification.
There will be plenty of on-the-job, business skills, and technical training to help you develop the skills needed to provide innovative solutions that meet our clients' needs.
All our Apprenticeship roles are permanent positions with Aon, which means we invest in your long-term future from day one. Once you have completed your Apprenticeship, your training and development does not stop there. You will continue to grow your career as an Actuarial Analyst and be fully supported to finish studying toward the Certified Actuarial Analyst Qualification. Those who perform strongly in their first few years, may also be given the option to study towards the FIA (Fellowship and Institute of Actuaries) qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting client-facing advisory activities through accurate actuarial calculations
- Preparing, checking and analysing data, carrying out audit trails and supporting one-off projects
- Helping to translate the results of our calculations and analysis into advice for our clients
- Over time, helping to ensure our work complies with external professional requirements and our own internal quality standards
- Learning quickly on the job, through formal training and from senior colleagues around you
With Aon business leaders playing an active role in our development, you're encouraged to make the most of every networking opportunity open to you. The early relationships you build will include:
- Your Apprentice network – you'll meet Apprentices from all areas of Aon in the UK, helping you navigate our business and grow a support network from day one
- Your mentor – an experienced colleague who can help you out with career guidance, specific issues or any general thoughts or queries you have
- Business seniors – many experienced colleagues will be actively interested and involved in your development
- The Early Careers Team – here to help smooth the way, open doors and advise you on developing your knowledge, skills and prospects
- Stream 1:
- Stream 2:
Client Management Apprenticeship
- Stream 3:
Insurance and Reinsurance Apprenticeship
- Stream 4:
Investment Consulting Apprenticeship
- Stream 5:
Employee Benefits Apprenticeship